I love greek yogurt so this recipe sounds so good.
Michael Symon’s Roasted Chicken with Cumin and Orange
4 skin on chicken breasts
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup Dannon Oikos Plain Greek Nonfat Yogurt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 orange, zest and juice
2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Season the chicken breasts with plenty of salt and pepper on both sides then place them in a gallon sized re-sealable bag.
2. Whisk together the Dannon Oikos Plain Greek Nonfat Yogurt, cumin, smoked paprika, orange zest and juice and garlic. Pour this mixture in to the bag with the chicken, seal and make sure all of the chicken gets coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 3.
3. Remove your chicken from the fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking to take the chill off of it.
4. Remove the chicken from the marinade, wiping off any excess and preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Discard the marinade.
5. Place a large sauté pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the olive oil along with the chicken, skin side down.
6. Cook for about 2 minutes, until the skin is golden brown then flip the chicken and place the whole pan in the oven. Roast for 25-30 minutes until the chicken has finished cooking through. Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes.
7. Slice and serve with Creamless Corn (can remove skin from chicken before eating).
Yield: 4 servings